Using an Arduino to automatically sense the water level and turn on a pump
I got excited seeing what the maker community has come up with to help with the ongoing crisis and PPE shortage, but I noticed that for Face Shields, the hardest part to source was the clear screen, so I designed an alternative. Optimized to be made with readily-available materials.
I went with the omnipresent, 2-liter bottle for the screen and a hair tie or rubber band for the back. No other materials necessary.
I also made a cutting guide, so that the 2-liter bottles can be perforated quickly and precisely, and pins to hold it in place while it’s perforated.
Other cool projects and how to help:
- Reddit Thread with lots of information: https://www.reddit.com/r/3Dprinting/comments/fke0oz/coronavirus_3d_printing_megathread/
- Prusa Making Shields: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTPJEBsElRw
- Prusa 3D Shields Project: https://www.prusa3d.com/covid19/
- Smarter Every Day Video on How to Help: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbEj7M3aZIg
- Making a Face shield (no 3D printer needed):